We got a few inches of snow yesterday, it’s pretty much not so impressive now. I took pictures and was going to post them tonight for all of you, especially those of you in the south and southwest, but now we are supposed to get between 4-8 inches during the day tomorrow and then another 1-2 inches tomorrow night. So I think any pics I can get from that will be much more dramatic!  (Oh … yeah… and I can’t find my cord to attach the camera to the computer….) 

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw on Jill’s blog that she had snow in Las Vegas!   Boston schools have already been cancelled for tomorrow. Last year, we had a storm like this that started during the daytime, and came down heavy and fast, and it took Bill almost 6 hours to get home, on a trip that takes usually about 45 minutes to an hour. Lots of people ran out of gas on the highways and left their cars stranded on the side of the road.  Guess they dont’ want a replay of that this year.

I’m sure if I went to the grocery store right now, it’d be hard to find bread or milk. It’s the weirdest thing – people go crazy around here every time there’s the hint of a big storm. Bill and I always wonder, what do people think – that if there’s a storm, they’ll be snowed in for weeks on end? And with nothing to eat but bread balls?! It’s nuts, seriously.

Anyway, when I got home last night, my husband informed me we had no shower for this morning. So I tried my darndest to run for 50 minutes on the treadmill at the gym this morning and then used the showers there. It’s weird how out of sorts you can feel when you don’t get to stay within your own routine!

This Saturday I am supposed to run 7-8 miles. Between all the snow, and the fact that it is supposed to be 14 degrees out, I am thinking it is not likely to happen. One of The Ladies just emailed all of us about the possibility of our run not happening. I don’t think she’s super thrilled either.

My other plan was to go back to the food pantry this Saturday – it’s only open for 2 hours, and that’s it for the rest of the month. With that kind of weather, who knows if it’ll even be able to open? That would be awful for the clients, that is for sure.

I have good news, I get to move up to Group G for next week’s track workout session so I’m psyched about that.

Anyway, I’ve been up since 4:30 this morning so I’m signing off for the evening.

Run Happy, if you can even get out there. 🙂