I realized I had not written about our TNT run this morning. But first, I have to tell you what was going on at the lake in Wakefield (where we start our runs) since 6 p.m. last night.

So you all remember when we did that trail race back on July 5th, right? And my little brother ran 50 miles? Well, starting at 6 p.m. last night, and going until 6 p.m. tonight, there were people running as many laps around the lake as they could. One time around is 3.16 miles. It’s called the 24 Hour Around the Lake Race. By around 10:30 this morning, there were some guys who had done about 84 miles. CAN YOU IMAGINE? Seriously, I can’t! I can imagine people doing ultras on trails, because that is a bit easier on your body. But this was on sidewalk (in some places around the lake, there is a bit of a sandy path) but otherwise, you’re talking about running on the street over, and over, and over, and over again. I asked someone’s support team person if the runners were doing it to raise money but I guess not. Rather, the Wakefield schools and some other groups get money earned by the race.

So, anyway… We ran 12 miles together today. I felt a lot better than last week because the humidity wasn’t there like last Saturday. However, our team waited a while to make sure people that were showing up, did show up, so we started out, I’d say close to 7:20 or later. Then once the sun came out, it really came out. When I got home this morning, I think the temps were in the high 80s or low 90s. Lis didn’t feel so great toward the end, I really think she was pretty dehydrated, or had waited too long to take some GU (that’s what we both deduced). I keep teasing her that I am like a drug pusher, trying to get her to take some of my Endurolytes. I keep saying to her, “the first one’s free… then you have to pay….” in a taunting voice. ha ha ha I’m telling you, those things are just amazing. I am SO GLAD I found them. They really give me that boost I need because I sweat so much, and I can definitely tell I am losing a lot of salt when doing it.

Afterward, I ran a mile on my own, in an under 10 minute pace, so I felt good. Maybe it was the 1 Endurolyte that I took after we finished. Maybe it was seeing all those ultrarunners still going strong after about 15 or 16 hours, that kept me motivated. Yep, I’d say it was the ultrarunners that did it. Next week, I may be doing the long run with the team on Saturday morning all on my own, as Lis is likely going to be hiking on Mt. Washington, so we’ll see how I do!